Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. Jesus told His disciples to endure till the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22).
1. Like the disciples of our Lord, we need to endure to the end for the reward we seek (James 1:12).
2. So, we have to work faithfully to that end for our rest (Hebrews 4:9-11).
B. However, enduring is not “easy” (Acts 14:22).
1. For various reasons, many will not faithfully endure to the end (i.e. Proverbs 26:11and II Peter 2:1-3).
2. Frankly, you and I are underdogs as the “odds” are against us (Luke 13:23-24).
II. Body: We Can Build Up Our Endurance [Patience] (James 1:2-3).
A. Be strong and arm yourself properly (Ephesians 6:10-17).
1. Be strong enough not to tire so easily (Galatians 6:9).
2. Have the mind keep pressing forward (Philippians 3:13-15).
B. Fight for and lay hold on the prize (I Timothy 6:12).
1. Hold fast (Hebrews 3:14 and Hebrews 10:23).
2. Be a faithful fighter to the end (II Timothy 4:6-8).
3. Keeping the prize in front of you helps you overcome difficult times (I Thessalonians 5:8-9).
C. Get rid of any dead weight with a proper focus (Hebrews 12:1-3).
1. Cast off the works of darkness and mind to satisfy fleshly lusts (Romans 13:11-14).
2. Don’t get caught up in anything that will hold you down/back in this fight (II Timothy 2:3-4).
D. Remember you are not running this race alone (I Peter 5:9).
1. It’s not wise to be a loner (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12), use the helpers God has given us (I Thessalonians 5:11-14).
2. Even with supernatural abilities, the Lord did not send the twelve out alone (Mark 6:7).
3. Remember those of the past who overcame as an example of how to do the same (James 5:10; cf. Hebrews 11:32-40).
III. Conclusion: Brethren, Work For The Win (I Corinthians 9:24-27)!
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager