Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Blessed Are The Eyes Which See The Things That Ye See
Outline by tBrian A. Yeager
A. Sometimes people just do not see the truth (Acts 28:17-31).
1. Some are too hard hearted (Ezekiel 3:6-7).
2. Some are blinded by ungodly influences (II Corinthians 4:1-6).
3. Some just don’t care (Psalms 81:11-12).
B. Few choose to have open eyes and find the right way (Matthew 7:13-14).
1. Seeing the truth is about desire (Psalms 119:1-16).
2. Blessed are those who hear and keep the truth (Luke 11:28).
II. Body: Luke 10:1-24
A. Things hidden from the wise and prudent meaning... (I Corinthians 1:18-31).
1. Those truly wise and prudent get real knowledge (Proverbs 1:5, Proverbs 16:21, and Proverbs 18:15).
2. Consider what God says about the right kind of wisdom and prudence (Proverbs 8:12-36).
B. Choosing to see (Matthew 13:10-16).
1. Conversion required us to have the ability to see (Acts 26:18-20).
2. Once seeing doesn’t mean always seeing (Mark 8:14-21).
C. The faithful of old did not see what Jesus taught and showed the disciples (Matthew 13:17).
1. It was not that they did not seek, rather it was not visible (I Peter 1:9-12).
2. Thankfully, not through our works but His grace, we live in the dispensation wherein those mysteries are revealed through the Gospel (Romans 16:25-26).
D. We [faithful disciples today] have seen even more than they (I Corinthians 13:8-13).
1. They had physically seen Jesus, His works, etc. (Acts 1:1-3 and I John 1:1-2).
2. What does that ultimately mean though (John 12:36-43, John 20:24-29, and II Corinthians 5:7)?
3. Paul, contextually looking toward the days of full revelation we now have, called our time the “more excellent way” (I Corinthians 12:31).
4. Consider the greater privilege we have by having fully been given “all things that pertain unto life and godliness” (II Peter 1:1-4).
III. Conclusion: Let’s keep our eyes open lest we become fools (Jeremiah 5:21)!
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager