Be Strong In The Lord
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager (http://www.wordsoftruth.net)
A. It is not good to be spiritually weak (Jeremiah 49:23-26).
1. To be spiritually weak is to become the one who others always have to worry about (Romans 14:1-3, Romans 14:21, and I Corinthians 8:9-12).
2. The weak need much attention (I Corinthians 12:19-27).
B. The weak need strengthened (Isaiah 35:3-4).
1. That being said, it's right for the strong to aid the weak [spiritually speaking] (Romans 15:1).
2. However, it is not the long-term plan for any of His people to remain spiritually weak (Hebrews 5:12-6:3 and Hebrews 12:11-13).
3. Spiritual weakness, if not resolved, leads to spiritual illness and ultimately spiritual death (I Corinthians 11:27-32).
II. Body: Ephesians 6:10-18
A. God has always expected His people to be strong (Joshua 1:6-8, Joshua 1:9, and I Corinthians 16:13).
1. We shouldn’t be weak, for we are not spiritually deserted (I Chronicles 28:20, Psalms 27:10, Psalms 37:25, Psalms 37:28, Psalms 94:14, and Hebrews 13:5-6; cf. John 8:29).
2. Even when suffering, we need to realize the strength we have in the Lord (II Corinthians 12:6-10 and I Peter 5:10).
B. We are to be fearless in our battle (Psalms 3:1-8 and Romans 8:31).
1. While we’re to fear God (Psalms 147:11, Proverbs 14:26-27, Hebrews 12:28-29, and I Peter 2:17)…
2. We’re not supposed to fear men (Matthew 10:27-28, I Peter 3:12-17, and Revelation 2:10).
C. God strengthens us in multiple ways (Psalms 29:1 and Proverbs 10:29)…
1. Through the right brethren coming along at the right time [w/o super-natural influence] (I Samuel 23:16).
2. Through realizing we’ll be rewarded for our work, but we have to be strong to get it done (II Chronicles 15:7).
3. Through His word (Psalms 119:28).
4. Through our brethren (I Thessalonians 5:14).
5. Through overcoming our trials (I John 2:14).
6. Through not being vengeful (Isaiah 35:3-4; cf. Proverbs 20:22, Romans 12:17-21, and Hebrews 10:30-31).
III. Conclusion: Do you believe or deny this Scripture: Philippians 4:13?
© 2011 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager