Being Welcomed To Have A Place In His House
By Brian A. Yeager
A. There is a place in our Father’s house being prepared for the saved (John 14:1-3).
1. We look forward knowing that this life is temporary (Hebrews 13:14).
2. We know that place being prepared is eternal (II Corinthians 5:1).
B. We should maintain a mindset of seeking a place in that eternal house rather than having already secured it (Philippians 3:3-15).
1. While you can say you are saved (I Corinthians 1:18)...
2. … Our salvation is not fully realized until the end (I Peter 1:9).
3. Our society teaches a mindset of entitlement, therefore let’s think...
II. Body: Be Humble In Recognizing It Is Not Your Seat For The Taking (Luke 14:1-11).
A. We must always maintain the reality that salvation is a gift, not something we have or could ever earn (Ephesians 2:1-10).
1. Our salvation is of the Lord’s purpose and grace (II Timothy 1:8-10).
2. Remember, the possibility of our being His children is of His choosing (Ephesians 1:5).
B. What gain do we provide for God (Job 22:2-3)?
1. What, on earth, really [physically] impacts Heaven (Job 35:1-8).
2. We are the created, not the Creator (Revelation 4:11).
3. Let’s never forget that we are just doing what we should be doing (Luke 17:7-10).
C. Live so that He wants you there (Luke 13:22-30).
1. When you are hospitable, are your guest(s) people you cannot stand to be around (Proverbs 18:24)?
2. Are you someone the Lord will want around Him for all eternity (John 15:9-15)?
3. Consider the Lord’s mindset ( Luke 19:11-27).
III. Conclusion: Considering all that we have, what manner of person ought you to be to have a place in our Father’s house (II Peter 3:10-14)?
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager