Being GodŐs People
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. To whom do you belong (I Corinthians 6:19-20)?
1. We have agreed to become one with deity (Galatians 3:26-29).
2. Figuratively, God in us and us in Him (I John 4:14-5:3).
B. Since we as Christians have willfully given our lives to God, shouldnŐt we live unto Him [His will] rather than ourselves (II Corinthians 5:14-15)?
II. Body: The people of God (I Peter 2:9-10).
A. His man (Titus 2:1-2; 6-8).
1. Speaks whatŐs right (Ephesians 4:25-29).
2. Older men (Proverbs 16:31).
a. Sober (I Thessalonians 5:5-9).
b. Grave [honorable] (II Timothy 2:19-21).
c. Temperate (Proverbs 16:32).
d. Sound in the faith (Colossians 2:6-8 and Titus 1:10-14).
e. Sound in love (Ephesians 5:2; cf. I Peter 4:8 and II John 1:6).
f. Sound in patience (Hebrews 12:1-3).
3. Younger men likewise v.6 (I Peter 5:1-6).
a. Sober minded (I Peter 5:8-9).
b. A pattern of good works (I Timothy 4:12).
c. Sound speech that cannot be condemned (Ecclesiastes 5:1-7).
d. Conduct above reproach (I Peter 3:15-16).
4. GodŐs manŐs (old and young) knows what to follow after and what to flee (I Timothy 6:1-14).
5. GodŐs man (old and young) acts like a man (I Corinthians 16:13, Ephesians 6:4, and I Timothy 5:8).
B. His woman (Titus 2:3-5).
1. Older women (Job 12:12).
a. Holy behavior (II John 1:1-5).
b. Not false accusers (Proverbs 10:18).
c. Not given to much wine (I Peter 4:1-5).
d. Teachers of good things understanding the influence you have (Revelation 2:20-23).
2. Younger women are taught by the older as older brothers and sisters are likened to our parents in the faith (I Timothy 5:1-2).
a. To be sober (I Timothy 2:9-15).
b. To love their husbands, children, and keep the home so that the word of God is not vilified (Proverbs 31:10-31 and I Timothy 5:14).
c. To be discreet, self-controlled, not impulsive (Romans 13:14).
d. To be good (Acts 9:36).
e. To be obedient to their husbands (Ephesians 5:22-23, Colossians 3:18, and I Peter 3:1-6).
3. Be the virtuous woman (Proverbs 12:4 and Romans 16:1-2).
C. His congregation (I Corinthians 12:14-27 and I Timothy 3:15).
1. Collectively, submissive and obedient unto the end (Colossians 1:22-23).
2. As addressed in the last lesson, and to simplify all things, consider how He expects US to be presented to Him (Ephesians 5:25-27).
3. LetŐs continue to be the Smyrna and Philadelphia of today (Revelation 2:8-11 and Revelation 3:7-13).
III. Conclusion: BeingŐs GodŐs people is all about belonging to Him rather than conducting ourselves according to our own will (Matthew 16:21-27).
© 2015 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager