Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Appreciating The Role Of Israel In Our Salvation
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. This lesson has nothing to do with the modern day state of Israel, but rather Israel of Old that once were God’s chosen people (Exodus 19:1-6).
1. Meaning, the direct descendants of Jacob who was called Israel (Genesis 32:28).
2. Jacob and Israel are interchangeable terms for his descendants (Isaiah 10:20).
B. It is easy for us to discount them because they “blew it” many times (Deuteronomy 9:7, Deuteronomy 9:24, Jeremiah 32:30, and Acts 7:50-53).
1. Don’t forget God’s view of their value (Deuteronomy 7:6-8, Deuteronomy 10:15, and Hosea 11:1).
2. Jesus’ showed this love (Matthew 23:37).
II. Body: There Are Things That Belong To The Peace Of Israel Of Old (Luke 19:41-44).
A. Unto them was committed the oracles of God (Romans 3:1-2).
1. They were given the word (Psalms 147:19-20).
2. They were trusted to pass it forward (Psalms 78:5-8).
B. God did not cast them away (Psalms 94:14-15).
1. The New Testament didn’t change that (Romans 11:1-5).
2. Actually, God’s intention was that the New Testament would lead to their complete restoration to Him (Jeremiah 31:31-34, Hebrews 8:1-13, and Hebrews 10:1-18).
3. Jesus sought them first (Matthew 15:24).
4. They had first priority with the Gospel of Christ (Matthew 10:5-6 and Acts 3:13-26).
5. The Gentiles were not preached to until some time after the church was established (Acts 10:1-11:18), even though such was God’s intention all along (Genesis 22:18, Mark 16:15-16, and Acts 2:38-39).
C. Understand that without Israel, and their place, there is no salvation for US today (Romans 11:11-24).
1. While the law and prophets were until John (Luke 16:16), the prophets still serve as part of our foundation (Ephesians 2:11-22).
2. They were given the law, the promises, and they gave us Jesus (Romans 9:1-5).
III. Conclusion: And so all Israel shall be saved (Romans 11:25-36).
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager